Amputation is a serious type of injury in which a person has all or part of a limb surgically removed. It can be a necessary surgical procedure as a result of a wide range of accidents, from car crashes and mishaps involving defective products or unsafe property to instances of nursing home neglect and medical malpractice.
The Louisiana accident lawyers at Mansfield Melancon help people who have undergone amputation or suffered other injuries ensure that those responsible are held fully liable. We work diligently to get our clients the complete amount of monetary compensation available under the law.
Our attorneys put themselves in our clients’ shoes, taking the time to understand each person’s specific situation and needs. We also strive to resolve cases efficiently without long court battles whenever possible.
Common Amputation Accidents
At Mansfield Melancon, we represent people who have been injured in a variety of accidents. This includes people who have had a limb fully or partially amputated as a result of:
- Car accidents: Whether it is a seemingly minor fender bender or a high-speed crash involving multiple vehicles, auto collisions can cause serious - and sometimes life-changing - injuries.
- Defective products: Manufacturing and design defects are unfortunately common, posing safety hazards for a wide range of consumers.
- Offshore accidents: The deep waters off of the shore of the Gulf of Mexico offer job opportunities and financial rewards, as well as the risk of injury.
- Slips and falls: Slick, slippery and unkempt walking spaces are a recipe for disaster, whether it is in a retail store or a public area.
- Nursing home neglect: Neglect - and sometimes abuse - puts some of our community’s most at-risk members in harm’s way during what are supposed to be restful twilight years.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors and medical professionals can and do make mistakes, which can have traumatic results for their patients.
Regardless of the type of accident, a person who is injured has the right to seek compensation. The money damages typically available in Louisiana personal injury cases includes compensation for medical bills, missed wages and any property damage. Additional compensation is often also available for pain, suffering and emotional distress.
To get that compensation, you typically have to prove that the person or entity that caused your injuries was negligent. It is important to discuss your rights and options with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Talk with a Louisiana Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash in Louisiana, the Louisiana accident lawyers at Mansfield Melancon can help.
Our firm is dedicated to helping people get back on their feet after an accident by getting them the compensation they deserve. Our attorneys guide clients through the legal process with experience and personal attention.
Our offices are conveniently located in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Call us or contact us online to schedule a consultation with an attorney. You can reach us at our New Orleans location at 504-500-1108, our Baton Rouge location at 225-612-0800, or our Lafayette location at 337-409-0003.