Brad, a Baton Rouge native, opened his own law practice right out of law school. His practice revolved around fighting for his clients’ rights. He also spent several years as a Prosecutor for the City of Baton Rouge protecting the public’s interests. Brad is used to fighting for clients and victims!
Brad has spent countless hours in court arguing in front of judges and juries for his clients. His job as a prosecutor allowed him to be in the courtroom daily. He has prosecuted cases ranging from D.W.I. to Domestic Abuse Battery securing numerous convictions. Brad’s not afraid to fight for his clients.
Since helping form Mansfield, Melancon, Cranmer, & Dick in 2018, Brad has devoted the majority of his practice to Family Law. Brad has represented hundreds of clients throughout multiple Parishes in Southeast Louisiana. Brad represents client’s in divorces, custody, visitation, community property, domestic restraining orders, spousal support, and almost any other family law issue. Brad is a member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association’s Family Law Section and has taught legal seminars on various aspects of litigating family law issues.
In 2017, Brad received Avvo’s “Clients’ Choice Award” for his dedicated and relentless legal service that he provides to his clients. He has also received awards from the “Expert Network” as a Distinguished Lawyer, “American Law Society’s America’s Top Lawyers 2018”, the “American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction” award, “Club Blue 2020 Great Futures Honoree”, and “SuperLawyers Rising Star 2020-2023”.
Brad received his J.D. and D.C.L. from Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University. He served on LSU Law’s Trial Advocacy Board as a member, competitor, and coach, along with serving in the Student Government for the Law Center. Brad has competed and coached for LSU Law in mock trial competitions ranging from New York to Fort Lauderdale. He also attained the highest grade in his class for “White Collar Crime” and “Insurance Law” while in Law School.
Brad attended Louisiana State University for his bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a minor in Criminology. Brad is involved with multiple legal and charitable organizations. These include Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge, Club Blue, St. Vincent DePaul, Family Law Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Council of the Baton Rouge Bar Association (2019-Present), District 5 Representative for the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Louisiana State Bar Association (2022-Present), and Alcohol Beverage Control Board Chairman (2023-Present).
Brad is admitted to practice in all Louisiana State Courts, in the United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Brad is married to his wonderful wife Chloe and has one child. In his spare time, Brad enjoys spending time with his family and friends, helping with charitable organizations, traveling, cheering on the Saints and Tigers, and playing with his three dogs Lola, Louie, and Levi.
- “Louisiana Family Law Practice for Paralegals,” National Association of Legal Assistants and National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2020.
- “Professionalism- Do’s and Dont’s of Practicing Law,” Baton Rouge Bar Association’s Summer Sizzlin’ – Back to Basics CLE, 2021 and 2022.
- “A View from Both Sides: Case Evaluation and Handling,” Louisiana State Bar Association’s Louisiana Young Lawyer’s Conference: Amplify Your Voice, 2022.
- “Positioning Your Law Firm for the Future,” Baton Rouge Bar Association’s Bench Bar Conference, Panelist, 2022.
- “You Don’t Have to be a Scrooge McDuck to Properly Handle Your Firm Finances,” Southeastern States Young Lawyer’s Regional Summit, 2022.
- “Do’s and Don’ts of Starting A Law Firm,” Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Professional Development CLE, 2023.