Louisiana Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Experienced Louisiana Motorcycle Accident attorneys Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorcyclist
A motorcycle accident attorney will always urge innocent victims to speak up. We know what it’s like on the road for motorcyclists. We also know from our experience how devastating a motorcycle wreck can be. Especially when a friend or family member has an injury in a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys have both the knowledge and resources necessary to fight for you. We will get you or your loved one the compensation and justice you deserve.
Hire The Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Mansfield Melancon
The attorneys at Mansfield Melancon commit to protecting the safety of motorcyclists. We work hard and fight for their financial compensation and recovery in litigation. You need a tough attorney to advocate for your rights and interests. An automobile driver’s excuse of “I didn’t see the biker” is not acceptable. We won’t allow negligent parties to get away with flimsy excuses. We know that they will blame the biker for the accident or attempt to deflect blame from their own actions. The goal of Mansfield Melancon’s attorneys is to hold negligent parties accountable. We fight for compensation for our client's injuries and damages.
We Fight for the Interests of Motorcyclists
The attorneys at Mansfield Melancon work to gather evidence and get witness statements. We do this as fast as possible to maintain accuracy. Time is of the essence in any accident case. But, swift action is particularly important in motorcycle accidents. When necessary, we rely on the expert services of an accident reconstructionist. We also use engineers and medical experts under motorcycle crash circumstances such as:
- Unexpected left turns.
- Sudden lane changes by other drivers.
- Cutting a corner too close.
- Sudden stops.
- Running a red light or stop sign.
- Failing to yield.
- Dangerous road conditions.
- Failing to signal a turn.
- Manufacturing defects of motorcycles and motorcycle safety equipment.
Our team at Mansfield Melancon analyzes the circumstances of each case we handle. We preserve resources and go to the greatest lengths to get our clients compensation. The greater the compensation, the better the possible recovery.
Motorcycle Safety Gear List
- D.O.T. Helmet - Certified by the Department of Transportation
- Novelty helmets don’t do a thing. A brain injury is life-changing. Protect yourself!
- Wearing a helmet not approved by DOT is a huge risk.
- If you wear the correct helmet you are 3 times more likely to survive a head injury.
- Face or Eye protection
- Most states require eye protection unless your motorcycle has a protective windscreen.
- Protective Clothing
- Leather or Kevlar, protective body armor for the entire body.
- Motorcycle gloves.
- Tough Footwear
- Steel-toed boots that come up over your ankles are best.
- Tuck in your laces so they won’t catch on your motorcycle.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover from My Motorcycle Accident?
Victims of motorcycle accidents have the right to recover from their injuries. Especially accidents that result from a driver’s negligence, recklessness, or inattention. The injured victim may be able to recover the following types of damages from the wrongdoer:
- Medical costs.
- Lost income (past and future).
- Pain and suffering (physical and emotional).
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Other types of recoverable damages.
Motorcycle accident victims may be able to recover punitive damages from the driver. Courts award punitive damages to the victim of an accident to punish the wrongdoer. These types of damages occur with impaired drivers who cause a motorcycle accident.
Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has an injury while riding a motorcycle, we can help. We commit to guiding the people we represent through the legal process. With our experience and personal attention, our clients feel protected.
Our firm also has a strong track record of getting optimal results for our clients.
We have convenient offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette. Call us or contact us online to schedule a consultation. You can reach us at our New Orleans location at 504-500-1108, our Baton Rouge location at 225-612-0800, or our Lafayette location at 337-409-0003.